• What are the Company's Hours of Operation?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time
• What is the best way to contact the Company?
Call us at 818-880-5433 or 800-758-3311 and select from various options to reach your intended party.
• What should I do if I’m involved in an accident?
- If anyone is injured or you need assistance, notify the Police immediately
- Write down the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver license numbers and license plate numbers of all parties involved, including passengers and witnesses
- Note the nature and extent of damage to other vehicles
- Do not admit fault, and avoid discussing the accident with anyone except the Police or your Western General Claims representative
- Take steps to protect your vehicle from any further loss or damage
- REPORT THE ACCIDENT TO WESTERN GENERAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
• What should I do if any part of my vehicle or the entire vehicle is stolen?
- Notify the Police immediately, and contact Western General to report your claim
- Also notify Western General immediately if you learn your vehicle is recovered
• How do I report a new claim?
Call Western General at 818-880-5433 or 800-758-3311 option 5 Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Once you have reported your claim, you will be given a claim number that you should refer to whenever you write us or speak to the adjuster that has been assigned the handling of your claim
• How does my deductible work?
If your car is repairable, then you will have to pay your deductible to the repair facility when the repairs have been completed. You do not have to pay your deducible before repairs are completed
• How does the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) endorsement work?
If your policy includes Comprehensive & Collision coverage with the PPO endorsement then you will be asked if you wish to have your vehicle repaired at a repair facility close to you that is within the Western General PPO Network. WG’s PPO repair facilities utilize state-of-the-art equipment and parts and must maintain high standards that meet WG’s guidelines. In addition, repairs made at a PPO shop are guaranteed for the entire lifetime that you own your vehicle. If you elect to have your vehicle repaired at a PPO shop, you will only be required to pay your deductible, plus any appropriate betterment /depreciation. If you elect to have your vehicle repaired outside the network of Western General PPO shops, then you will be required to pay a co-payment of 20% of the cost of repairs plus your deductible and any appropriate betterment/depreciation.
• What will happen if my car is declared a total loss?
If you have Comprehensive & Collision coverage, then the handling of your claim will be transferred to our Total Loss Unit, where our representative will first request your permission to move your vehicle to a storage free location to protect it from any further loss, and to stop the unnecessary accumulation of storage charges. We will give you an opportunity to first remove your personal belongings from the car, and we will ask that you provide us with the keys to the vehicle. Our representative will then confirm the equipment and mileage on your vehicle so that we can then request an independent company to conduct a thorough market analysis in order to evaluate the Actual Cash Value of your vehicle that will be the basis of the settlement of your claim. We will then call you to advise you of the amount of the settlement, and we will mail you the documents that you must sign to enable payment of the claim. If your car was financed and a lien still exists on it, then we will coordinate the final settlement with you as well as the legal owner of the vehicle.